I figure if a person is going to select me to be the one they're going to trust the biggest day of their life to they should know some things about me. So let's talk about me.
1- I am a missionary kid that grew up in Haiti- I've also lived in Rwanda, Quebec and Texas.
2- My first love will always be with horses and I rode english and competed in jumping for several years.
3. I have two sides to my personality (although my husband might argue more..and call it a medical condition)- one side that is very shy and self-conscious and the other side that is loud and joyful. I typically start with the first side and graduate into the second side. Although sometimes the second side comes out of nowhere and surprises me when I'm in a new situation.
4. I have a hot hubby, Mike, the best husband in the world who you'll hear me reference in my blog posts and a 50 lb. Great Dane/Mastiff puppy who eats our socks and sometimes even poops them out when she successfully swallows one when I'm not looking.
5. I worked as a ballroom dance instructor for Arthur Murray for 5 years until the decision to give myself over completely to my business. That was the hardest decision I've ever had to make because I absolutely loved that job. But I loved being able to work for myself even more and still dance for myself.
6. I absolutely love food. LOVE IT. Good food of course. But also the bad food. Mike and I are learning to eat healthier and are actually really liking it, but we come from a long history of solid junk food. Pizza is a main food group for my husband and I can't act I don't like pizza. I'd like to pretend that we have always been healthy eaters...but no, we're not. And the process to eating good foods has been drenching it in butter. Real healthy like.
7. Let's keep talking about food. It's almost lunch time and I'm hungry. I'd rather my meal over dessert. I love sweet but I will take savory over sweet ANY day. ONE of my many weird food habits? A bag of kettle chips with a tall glass of cold milk. YES PLEASE. Add a fresh rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and you have a perfect meal right there. Have you ever had one of those?? I'm pretty sure that was one of God's best ideas.
8. And then there were pastries. Blueberry muffins? Check (again with a tall glass of cold milk). I literally have to do Mel Robbin's 5 Second Rule anytime I get within 5 minutes of a Panera because they are the closest thing to my pastry heaven growing up in a French culture where pastries reign.
9. I'm also hungry. All. The. Time. 24/7. I snack constantly, which will probably bite me in the butt once I have kids. I'm also always thirsty. 2/3 of my stomach content is usually liquid and the other 1/3 is actual food.
10. I have a love fascination with cars. Don't know why and I know zero information that's actually practical but I can just about identify any car I see on the road.